General admission: 6 euros
Reduced admission: 4 euros
General admission: 4 euros
Reduced admission: 3 euros
Combined ticket for permanent exhibition + temporary exhibition
General admission: 8 euros
Reduced admission: 6 euros
Reductions and free admission
The following groups qualify for reduced admission:
- People aged 65 and over
- Holders of the “Carnet Jove” young people’s card
- Holders of the large family or single-parent family card
- Students with the International Students’ Card (ISIC)
- Non-tourist groups of ten or more people, if booked in advance. If a member of one of the groups has the right to free admission, that person can continue to enjoy the reduction.
The following groups qualify for free admission:
- Children aged under 16.
- People who are unemployed, according to the law.
- People with an accredited disability. A companion of the disabled person will also have the right to free admission if the card accrediting the person’s disability specifies that he/she needs to be accompanied.
- Groups of students (pupils from the standard education system from infant school to optional secondary education, mid-level vocational training and special education, with teachers) who have booked in advance.
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM), the International Council of Monuments (ICOMOS) and the Association of Museologists of Catalonia (AMC), with proper accreditation.
- Professional tourist guides, with proper accreditation.
- Members of the Friends of the History Museum of Catalonia programme: SOM Museu d'Història de Catalunya.
- Properly accredited professional journalists visiting for work purposes who have previously given written notice of their visit.
These prices correspond to the rates approved by the Board of Administration of the Catalan Cultural Heritage Agency. You can check the details at this link.
Free admission dates
- The first Sunday of the month, 10am to 2.30pm
- 12 February, 10am to 2.30pm
- 23 April, 10am to 7pm
- 15 May, 10am to 9pm
- 16 May, 10am to 2.30pm
- 18 May, 10am to 7pm
- 11 September, 10am to 7pm
- 24 September, 10am to 7pm
- Barcelona Library Card: 20% discount
- Tourist Bus: 20% discount
- BCN Card and BCN Express Card: 20% discount
Tickets can be bought from the museum ticket office (from 10am until 30 minutes before closing time) or online HERE.